This photo comes from 1969. Sammy was playing at a charity concert in Philadelphia. It was a benefit to help raise funds to deter gang violence. Sammy was always involved in a lot of different causes to help out others. That's one of the things I really admire about him. He used his celebrity status to really try to make things better in the world.
P.S. I received the Over The Top Award from the wonderful Jessica at her fantastic blog Chronically Vintage. I really appreciate it.
I'm to answer a series of questions with one word answers. Here are those questions and answers:
1. Where is your cell phone? desk
2. Your hair? short
3. Your mother? Amazing
4. Your father? Inquisitive
5. Your favorite food? Homemade
6. Your dream last night? Unmemorable
7. Your favorite drink? Tea
8. Your dream/goal? Travel
9. What room are you in? Office
10. Your hobby? Reading
11. Your fear? Age
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Richer
13. Where were you last night? Work
14. Something that you aren’t? Disorganized
15. Muffins? Yum!
16. Wish list item? Car
17. Where did you grow up? NC
18. Last thing you did? Write
19. What are you wearing? Pajamas
20. Your TV? Bravo!
21. Your pets? None
22. Friends? Fantastic
23. Your life? Stressful
24. Your mood? Contemplative
25. Missing someone? No
26. Vehicle? Old
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? Belk
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Tonight
31. Last time you cried? Forgotten
32. Your best friend? Cousin
33. One place that I go to over and over? Bookstore
34. One person who emails me regularly? Friend
35. Favorite place to eat? Bojangles
I hope you enjoyed reading those. It's quite hard to put just one word for an answer. I might have answered some of them a little differently otherwise. Oh well.
I'm to present this award now to 6 other bloggers: