Thursday, July 31, 2008

Con Man Pretends To Be Frank Sinatra's Grandson

You've got to check out this article at the website of KVUE News. Here's the first paragraph from it:
Austin police say a man tricked people out of thousands of dollars by claiming to be Frank Sinatra's grandson, until someone staying at an Austin hotel didn't buy into the story.
I just had to share that with you guys. I do hope you'll read the article over at their website to see the full details about this scam. I know that con artists are all the time pretending to be the relatives or friends of celebrities (whether deceased or living). Anybody else ever heard of any such stories in the past?

6 comments:

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Keith, well if I was goin' to pretend to be the relative of some one famous..it of course woulda only be blood to our Dino...and don't I wish....

Keith said...

Hey pallie DMP. I know what you mean. I would have been pretending to be Dino's relative myself. I did think it was an interesting bit of news.

Steve Langton said...

Shame nobody sussed this guy before he managed to get so much cash.It's certainly a good story, and shows some people will just hand out cash if they think it will gain grace and favour with a so-called celeb.

Keith said...

Hey Steve. I think there was an old line of "a sucker is born every minute" or something like that. People get scammed all the time. This is basically people wanting to have some sort of connection and favor with a celeb's relative.

sushay said...

What an ass this guy is! I don't get how people can do things like this.

Keith said...

I know what you mean about that.