Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis: So Happy Together

This comes courtesy of my pallie Pinupgirl.

jer-dino-frompinupgirl

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis definitely look happy in this picture. These two did make quite the comedy team together. They certainly had great chemistry. They worked well off of each other. Martin and Lewis ruled the radio, television, movies, nightclubs, etc. for a decade. They were on top of the world. They still today rank as one of the great comedy duos of all time. They are true legends that should always be remembered. I love how in this picture Jerry is looking up at Dino. You really get the feeling that Jerry admired Dino a lot. We know that Jerry needed Dino in his life more than Dino needed him. He wanted more and more of Dino. He was even jealous of Jeanne Martin. You can't really blame him though because I'm sure all of us would love to spend time with Dean Martin. I think Dino finally got tired of it all. He was ready to move on from the pressure that Jerry tried to force on him. He never looked back after that. Dean Martin truly shined as a solo entertainer, reaching greater heights than he ever did when he was with Jerry Lewis. He showed the world what it meant to be the King of Cool. Cheers!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever see that TV movie about them? If so, what did you think? It didn't really paint the greatest picture of either of them.

Keith said...

Hey Rev. Yeah, I know what you mean. That's the way I feel about it. I wish somebody would do a really good movie about these two. I've been meaning to ready Jerry's book on his relationship with Dean.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Keith, likes while the jer is lookin' at our Dino, our Dino is lookin' out into the world..don't recall ever seein' this Dinopix before...thanks for your Dinothoughts....

Keith said...

Hey pallie DMP. Glad you liked it. I hadn't seen it before my pallie sent it my way. I like it. That's so true about Dino. He's looking out at the world. It's his world to conquer. He will reign over the world as the King of Cool. Cheers!

Nancy Sinatra Fan said...

I'd have the biggest smile ever if I was sitting with Dean. I adore that man.

Keith said...

I think many people would say the same thing. Ladies wanted to be with him, while gents wanted to be like him.

Glenn Bishop "Bish The Magish" said...

Neat picture Keith.

It reminds me that Dean and Jerry Rocked as a team.

Thanks for posting it.

Glenn Bishop

Keith said...

Hey Glenn. Glad you liked it. These two had their ups and downs over the years, but they rocked the entertainment world. Cheers!

Ben Varkentine said...

A couple of years ago I came up with the idea that Jerry & Dean were perfect representations of two sides of show business.

You've got Martin, who thought pathos was the worst kind of flag-waving.

And then you've got Lewis, who bathed in sentiment. With Lewis There's undeniable talent, but there's no charm, there's no coaxing, there's no, for lack of a better word...seduction.

As opposed to Dean. If Lewis represents the shameful side of show business then Martin, oddly, represents the side to which I aspire.

Keith said...

Hey Ben. Thanks for the comments. It was great hearing from you. I really enjoyed reading your comments. I like your observations a lot. I agree totally with how you describe Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Dino definitely represents the side that I would aspire to be more like to. Thanks again. Have a good weekend. Cheers!