Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Raphael Saadiq Brings Old School Sounds To The Dino Lounge

saadiq

Raphael Saadiq is a musical jack of all trades. He's a singer, songwriter & producer. He's the former lead singer of the band Tony! Toni! Toné. I actually saw them in concert in the early 1990's. He was also a founding member of the short-lived group Lucy Pearl. This post has to do with his solo career. Raphael has recorded an amazing album called The Way I See It, which was released in September of 2008. I love this incredible album. I highly recommend it. If you've been aching for some old school r&b/soul, then this is the album for you. Please check out the videos I've posted below. Thanks.

raphaelsaadiqthewayiseeit

Here are some of the videos from this album. I hope you enjoy them. Most of them start off with a commercial before them so I wanted to warn you about that.

Love That Girl:


Raphael Saadiq - Love That Girl (Official Music Video) - More free videos are here

100 Yard Dash:


Raphael Saadiq - 100 Yard Dash (Official Music Video) - For more funny videos, click here


Let's Take A Walk:


Raphael Saadiq - Let's Take A Walk (Official Music Video) - The funniest movie is here. Find it

Here is a performance of Never Give You Up from AOL Sessions:


Raphael Saadiq Never Give You Up AOL Music Sessions - The funniest home videos are here


30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow what a cool, guy. I am about to go back to your page and watch more of his work!

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I've never heard of him. He sure has a great voice. Hope your week is goin' good too.
xx

Treacle said...

Your blog is seriously cool. I dig it! :-)

Dina's Days said...

Love him! I have been a fan since the 90's. I just love his new song too. Hope you're doing well!

Zuzana said...

Wow, never heard of him but will definitely want to learn more now, what a treat.;)
Have a lovely Tuesday,
Zuzana
;)

Unknown said...

Never heard of him but I checked out the videos and I really like Never Give You Up. Nice clean sound, so smooth... Like it a lot!

Jenna said...

Great choices in music!

Maggi said...

I've never heard of him either but he is an amazing talent!

Nancy Sinatra Fan said...

I love his music too. "Love That Girl" is one of my favorites.

Mondo said...

He's made a few appearances here in the UK, glad your spreading the word about this new talent Keith..

Wolf Boy said...

Some really good songs. I've heard some of his stuff. I like it.

Unknown said...

omg,so many intersting things to watch...
how r u?
kisses, babe...

XOXO

RECIEN LLEGADA said...

Thanks a lot for your comment¡
Your blog is fantastic¡

xxx

DELIA

erika sorocco said...

He has a dapper, old-fashioned charm to him - really loving these videos! :)

Unknown said...

I've never heard of him. sounds amazing. I love the vintage throw back of the posters.

Lizzy said...

I have never heard of him, but his songs are GREAT!!I watched all the videos, I like all the songs and videos!!

Tights Lover said...

I have to check this album out. It sounds totally up my alley.

Hope you're doing well!

B a la Moda said...

WOW! He is talented. Nice music!
xoxo
B* a la Moda

lorenabr said...

Hi,

I never heard of him but I like it;)great style and great music:)

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an awesome voice, like others who have commented above, I've never heard of this fellow before either but am now a definite fan. Tons of thanks for introducing me to this excellent artist, Keith!


Thank you very much, too, for recently entering my giveaway for a beautiful set of Jessie Willcox Smith art prints. The lucky winner is going to drawn at random and announced on Chronically Vintage later today. I really appreciate your support of this giveaway and wish you the best of luck!

Have a fantastic day!
♥ Jessica

chic femme said...

Hey, buddy. Never heard of him before, but those videos were fabulous. Really loved the music. Great blog post.

Graham I. Haynes said...

Great style, great performer.
I was lucky enough to hang out with Raph in his LA studio. It's plush, let me tell you!

☮ from suckmysavvy.com

Beauty Is Diverse said...

I've always loved his music.

yyam said...

He's cool! I always learn something new at your blog!

Maria Confer said...

That first photo is so gorgeous. Love these tunes, Keith!!

lululetty.blogspot.com

C A said...

HI DARLING, HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A FASHION WEEK! LOL ;) COME CHECK OUT MY NEW FASHION-FOR-FANATIC POSTS!

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

bananas. said...

oh my gosh! i totally remember raphael saadiq. i loved his song "ask of you" from the higher learning soundtrack. oh the memories it brings back...

AutumnJones said...

I LOVEEEE RAPHAEL SAADIQ! Tony Toni Tone is one of my all time favorite groups and to see him transform into this musical genius excites me.

THIS WAS THE BEST ALBUM IVE HEARD IN A LONNNGG TIME!

Marian said...

Oh I love Saadiq.he makes such great music! I loved him so much in the group Lucy Pearl. His songs always make me dance.he is the man! no one should be that talented.he has a real ear for music and I adore his voice
xx
marian

Nancy Sinatra Fan said...

Here's a video that you didn't post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFfVwf4dvM4

Thought you might also like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJgCJKqJ1cw