Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Frank Sinatra is a man of many talents. Here he is performing a tablecloth trick for his pallies at a Miami hotel in 1964. Wow. It looks like it was some kind of party.
P.S. I was given the Honest Scrap Award by the fascinating blog FilmFather. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. Anybody willing to post 10 random facts about themselves consider yourself winners of this award.
I've been tagged several times lately to reveal 7 to 10 random facts about myself, including in this latest award. I thought it was time that I sit down and actually share some more about my life. These are actually all things from my childhood and adolescence. I'm posting this to both my blogs today. I hope you enjoy finding out more about me.
1. My first fight in school was in kindergarten. I don't even remember what started it. It was a draw. We both got some good hits in. My parents were told that I was probably going to be a troublemaker and to watch me.
2. My brother and I would dance around our living room listening to the disco records of our parents when we were kids. We both really loved ABBA.
3. I was obsessed with the Six Million Dollar Man and G.I. Joe as a kid.
4. My brother and I played all sorts of things when we were growing up. We would be everything from Batman and Robin to Starsky and Hutch.
5. I can't remember how old I was (maybe 10 or 11), but a friend and I filled a cardboard box up with everything from leaves to trash. We then poured lighter fluid on it and lit it up. It made a huge explosive sound and shot fire up into the air. This was at my grandmother's house. You can imagine she wasn't too happy.
6. I had three operations as a kid for kidney problems.
7. I started wearing eyeglasses in the third grade.
8. When I was in junior high, I let a high school girl that I had a crush on put makeup on me. I thought I looked pretty cool. My parents had a different outlook on it when I got off the bus. They were not amused at all.
9. When I took physical education in eighth grade, our teacher decided to try out some new program. We were allowed to have music playing during the gym class. I was in charge of the tunes.
10. While I'm not sure I believe in reincarnation, I have had what seemed like dreams of past lives from the time I can remember. One dream that I had on a regular basis starting in high school was that I was a Jew living under the rule of the Greeks in ancient times.